Conversion Tracking for Managed PPC Accounts
Posted by Sam Harvison on 05 September 2019 10:28 AM
- Open up the MCC and the Clients Google Account
- In our MCC >> Tools >> Account Access >> Add clients Google email as “Read Only”
- In Clients Google account, if using Gmail, open this up and click on the link to accept access to PPC account
- Clients Google Analytics Account >> under Property Settings, add a user with full permissions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- In our MCC >> Tools >> Linked Accounts >> Google Analytics >> Find the clients Analytics account and connect all views
- In our MCC >> Tools >> Conversions
- Setup a pixel (only 1 is needed for website lead tracking)
- You will choose to setup the code itself, and then select the 2nd option. (Required us to combine code with current analytics pixel that should be on site)
- Copy out the gtag and add it to proper location in current analytics pixel.
- The event snippet will be added to a thank you page that we need to create
- If using Genesis, edit the page (not in Page Builder) and add script code to script section
- Go to forms once this page is published find the forms we are using for the landing page.
- Choose the option to redirect the confirmation message to a page and paste in the entire URL for the thank you page that was created.
- ***As an added component, make sure the client’s Search Console is setup and synced to the Analytics account.
- This should complete all of the setup of the conversion pixels and this way we are only using 1 global site tag.